– Shirley Mason, executive director of the B.E.A.C.H.E.S. Foundation, has formally declared the “Naturist Unity Summit” that her and her team are organizing for February 2015. They created an acronym name, “U.N.I.T.E.” – United Naturist / Fkk International Trade / Travel Educational Events. The summit is meant to bring together leaders from various nudist organizations and companies for them to work collectively within the nudist movement.
This is a one-day event happening at Haulover Beach Park and a nearby resort on Wednesday, February 15th. The enrollment fee is $60, and attendance is capped at 100 individuals.
– After their success with creating Mpenjati Beach as South Africa’s first official naturist beach, SANNA did not waste any time pursuing the next one – Sandy Bay. Sign their request to help make Sandy Bay an official nude beach!
– Looking at the body that gave birth to you appears to be amazingly challenging for some people. Body shaming and body phobia run wild in this girl’s narrative of accompanying her mother and siblings to a nude resort in France.
Her husband and kids stayed home because “No lad should have to see his grandma nude.” What is wrong with Grandma? Is she some sort of deformed freak? Omg, are we going to look like that someday?
– How would you respond if someone said to you, “If I had your body I’d kill myself”? Body image / fat activist and documentary film producer Lindsey Averill is a ferocious and forgiving woman.
She is working on a documentary called Fattitude that “exposes how popular culture nurtures weight prejudice and fat hate, and then offers an alternative way of thinking – adopting body acceptance in any respect sizes.” She recently wrote about the kind of awful things people say to her because she’s fat and shares her perspective on fat shaming. [xojane]
– Artist Aleah Chapin does some amazing, realistic nude paintings. Here is a awesome interview with her from The Sort Artist. Seemingly her work has been called “repellent,” and she responds, “If our culture will call a healthful (yet not unrealistically perfect) body ‘repellent,’ then it’s something we as a society need to examine.”
– Photographer Fred Huening documents the “magic of motherhood” in this wonderful string of photographs. [Huffington Post]
– How do you ensure your art exhibition will sell out? Make it a nude event. A gallery in London is hosting a clothing-optional exhibit that “discusses and dissects the seemingly unacceptable.” It is called Forbidden and characteristics over a dozen artists. It takes place in January and has sold out, but t here is a waitlist. [artlyst]
BuzzFeed invited some “guy best friends” who have never seen each other naked to go on camera and see one another’s bodies (dick, actually) for the first time.
Who knows how much of it’s real, but the boys are pretty cute about it. One bff pair compliment each other saying, “You seem fairly great naked, man!” Subsequently they practice helicoptering their members, which you can’t see, but ya know, use your imagination.
Moments in Nudist History
Zelda Suplee (using the pseudonym Yolande Reed in this video) owned and managed three nudist clubs starting in the 1930’s, one of which was Sunny Rest Resort. She sold Sunny Rest to Irv Mesher in 1978. According to this biography, Zelda had quite an interesting life.
In the 60’s she ran an organization to help transgender people, was involved in pioneering psychic research, and appeared in Playboy as the first full-frontal nude in black and white (Possibly in a characteristic on nudism?
Zelda Suplee Nudist Resort Owner
We haven’t figured out what dilemma / what year). She was also in a few fkk films, including Diary of a Nudist ( beach free ). In this amusing clip, she’s featured in an episode of a show called “What’s My Line?” in 1953.
We love the fact that she corrected a contestant on using the term “nudist camp” instead of “naturist colony.”
– Here is a fascinating history of sex education in the United States. [Collector’s Weekly]
What did we miss? What are you reading this week? Share in the comments!
This Naked News roundup which includes Look Great Nude Guy and Zelda Suplee was released by -Young Naturists and Nudists America
Labels: naked news
Category: Naked News
About the Writer (Author Profile)
Writer of Naturist Site. Co founder of Fkk Portal. 3rd-generation nudie. Avid reader. Feminist. 70% vegan, 30% vegetarian. When I’m not active eating, I’m writing about nudism, censorship, topfree equality, body image and other fun subjects. I like feedback, so plz leave a comment when you have got something to say!